Blackheads can be difficult to get rid of. Even with a good cleaning routine these stubborn blemishes seem to still remain. Even though they are stubborn it is not impossible to get rid of them or at least keep them at a minimum. Here is what blackheads are and how you can control them.
So what really is a blackhead? Blackheads are formed when a pore is clogged by excess sebum (skin oil). When dead skin cells block the way, sebum (skin oil) cannot flow properly and clogs the pore. When the oil is exposed to the air it turns a dark color resulting in a lovely blackhead.
Here are some ways that you can prevent blackheads from forming:
1. Do not use oil based cream (moisturizer). When you have excess oil, the last thing you want is to add more oil to your skin.
2. Exfoliate a couple times a week with a gentle exfoliation cream that contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) if you are sensitive to salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is the best choice because it penetrates deeper into the pore. You will want to use a low percentage like 1 or 2% salicylic acid.
3. Use oil absorbing pads in the most oily area's of your face or the part that you see blackheads.
You can find these pads in your local drug store/beauty shop.
When you have existing blackheads you will want to remove them. The best method to remove blackheads is this:
1. Wet face with warm water and apply a exfoliating cream in circular motions. Rinse well and pat dry with a clean, soft cloth.
2. Get a clean face cloth and place in warm water. Put the warm cloth on the infected area for 5-10 minutes. Pat dry.
3. Take a tissue and place over your fingers. Gently squeeze the skin (with even pressure on both sides) until the blackhead comes out. The goal is to squeeze from underneath the blackhead. If you find that the blackhead is not easily coming out then repeat step 2. This means that the blackhead is not soften enough. The warm water should open the pore and soften the blackhead. I want to stress that you use the tissue so you do not damage your skin. Only do this method one or two times per area.
This is the safest way to remove blackheads. You can add this method into your regular cleaning routine a couple times a week. I suggest that you try this instead of using pore strips.
It alright to use pore strips every once and a while, however using them regularly can cause irritation that will result in more breakouts. A great alternative to pore strips is Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Kit or Suvorna Blackhead Cleaner / Remover & Comedone Extractor.
Now these products are only temporary solutions. If you have blackheads the chances are you have pimples as well. If you are tired of acne and want a long term solution you will want a product that will do that for you.
ClearPores will do just that! This three step system has caused countless of people all over the world have clear skin. It is more effective then Proactive especially for people with sensitive skin. So you have two choices:
If would like to read a review about ClearPores Click Here
If you are anxious to get rid of your blackheads and acne now Click Here